What's For Dinner/lunch/breakfast? What Ya Snacking On?

Sunlite

So....................

What's for dinner tonight?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ShihtzuBeauty

• tzukeeper

• Sunlite

• BusterBoo

Cackle

Well it's coming into winter here and my young fella is partial to casseroles and stew........same thing really!!

Anyway I went out and bought a slow cooker and I'm really happy with it. My kind of cooking, all I have to do is go through the fridge, and chuck into the pot anything that's not mouldy and let it cook up :blush-anim-cl: Only think I haven't liked in it is chicken, it comes out tough. I made silverside in it and that was beautiful. So that's what we're having tonight.............again

Sunlite

We had portabella mushroom burgers on the grill with a salad. It was Yummmmmmmy :sunshine:

I'm coming to your house tomorrow, I'll even bring the wine :blush-anim-cl:

BusterBoo

We had store bought (frozen) pizza...... :blush-anim-cl:

Hopefully tomorrow will be better...

Cackle

I'm coming to your house tomorrow, I'll even bring the wine

Bugger making dinner let's just have wine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :buddies:

We had sauteed steak in brown gravy over rice served with steamed broccoli...with iced blueberry green tea to drink...

it was really good..

Dede and the girls.

ShihtzuBeauty

I Love my crock but I haven't had much use for it since we've been eating healthier. Now we just grill turkey loins, turkey chops or turkey burgers on the grill. The other night though I did make some spagetti w/wheat pasta and turkey burger. I try to do things like this from time to time to break up the hum drum of the diet.

Sunlite

Going out to lunch with a friend today :blush-anim-cl: and will have something from the following

Of course there will be wine but Mike does make the best cosmos, :sunshine:

BusterBoo

:blush-anim-cl: Susan the cosmo sounds great and the food looks DELICIOUS!!!!!

I had some errands to run at lunch so I stopped at a chip wagon and ordered a "poutine" and a pepsi! Not the healthiest lunch for sure, but this chip wagon has won awards for the best poutine in Ottawa!

(for those who may not have been to Canada....and don't know what a poutine is.....

it's a combination of french fries, dark gravy and a whole lot of cheese curds on top!!! It may not sound great, but it is sooooo good!!!! )

ShihtzuBeauty

Sounds good, if it's cheese I'm in! Love it! Susan have a nice lunch, looks yummy!

ShihtzuBeauty

Oh I Love Outback! Tonight it's chicken strips w/teriayki and fries on the grill.

BusterBoo

Oh I Love Outback! Tonight it's chicken strips w/teriayki and fries on the grill.

Sounds good! We will be over around 6:00-ish!! :signthankspin:

Actually I just got back from grocery shopping, the cupboards and fridge are packed and I have no idea what to make!!!!!!

Shih Tzus Mama

Staying on my WW program and having ground turkey cooked with fat free gravy smoothered with onions served with smashed caluflower and fresh green beans with a side salad. For dessert,fresh strawberries with vanilla diet pudding for dipping.

I love Outback, its my favorite place to eat. I was there for Mother's Day.

BusterBoo

Steak on the grill and faux taters.....

What are faux taters?

tzukeeper

What are faux taters?

You use cauliflower instead of potatos to make Faux mashed potatos. I cook the cauliflower in chicken broth then mash it up with some light butter. You can top it with ff gravy or light cheese. Sometimes I add garlic. It's a great substitute for the high calorie, high carb, real mashed potatos. It's really good....my son prefers them to the real thing :signthankspin:

Sunlite

Tracy that sounds good, will have to try it sometime. :signthankspin:

BusterBoo

Tracy, that sounds delicious! I have never heard of that before but definitely something I will try!

ShihtzuBeauty

Tracy I Love those. Judy this is the first time since we've been eating heart healthy that we haven't had turkey, but back to it tonight. I'll probably to turkey burgers on the grill and a salad.

Sunlite

Todays breakfast:

I do prefer the original flavor better but thought I'd try these.

ShihtzuBeauty

Mine is boring, Cheerios w/Splenda and fat free milk but I would like Tracy's instead!

Tonight's dinner is leftover baked ziti and chicken parm from the baby shower. and maybe a mini cheesecake bite.