The Official Spaghetti Thread.

gogoblender

This is it...official and tasty.

Everyone's got their own ideas on how to make a great spaghettti sauce. And everyone's got their own take on how to make this classic, tasty take on tomatoes extra nice and yummy.

K, get this...

Best spaghetti sauce I ever had?

With Chicken livers.

Yup

Italian restaurant (heh, my friends dragged me in, Italian's not really one of my faves :chickendance:) and they had about ten types of spaghetti sauces ranging from creamy to bacon to veggie stuff. I picked the one with chicken livers and guys...

it rocked.

The tiny little tidbits of liver were so tasty, soft and deeeeeeeeeelish.

I think they were fried in butter?

But then that fried taste that would hit my flavor buds tweenst every third or fourth bite was like this great meat party goin on that would just cry out...let's eat this again!

heh, never did again so far...but one day I'm definitely gonna have to see whether or not i can duplicate it.

I love my spaghetti sauce sweet too.

Sometimes I add suger (heh, when noone's looking)

And I"ve got some other tricks too.

I only add the garlic at the end AFTER the sauce has finished cooking.

What I do is is whilst the sauce is cookin I peel up a TON of garlic buds (never can have enuff / :gleam:devil ) and then...when i think the sauce is ready, I whip out my little hand grater and grate the garlic all over the top of the sauce.

When the grated garlic hits the sauce...foof...the smell is so intense and drooly I just want to pour the whole pot into my mouth.

And sometimes...just fer a change of texture...I'll add before hand, while the sauce is cooking, garlic buds chopped into chunks.

What this does is keep big chunks of garlic in the sauce and then the sauce slowly kisses and sinks into the garlic.

Taking out all that sharp bite, and saturating the chunks of garlic with delicious sauce.

K...now I gotta make mah spag sauce.

So...this is all about sharing guys....

Share your spag secrets folks and let's see who's got some great ideas

Cheers!

:hug:

gogo

Edited by gogoblender
Sunlite

Now I on the other hand love Italian food, could eat it all the time really :chickendance: . I used to at one time make my own sauce but now it's too convienient to by it and just add a few key things to it :hug: . I too am like you Gogo, where I prefer a sweeter sauce and lots of added fresh garlic.

ShihtzuBeauty

Umm I too like my sauce a little sweeter. I love noodles of any kind. :chickendance:

BusterBoo

The garlic sounds very yummy.....but chicken livers...(or ANY type of liver!!) :hug: I still make my own spaghetti sauce.....very easy......one package of hamburger meat, one can of seasoned tomatoes, one can of mushrooms, one green pepper, 2 stalks of celery and LOTS of garlic, red peppers, bay leaves, oregano. Let it go for about 2 hours and about 15 minutes before it's cooked, add one can of seasoned tomatoe paste!

OK...so it's a lot of canned stuff, but very good with all the spices!!! :chickendance:

I don't make tomato sauce, I like garlic and olive oil. Very easy

just chop garlic and saute in olive oil , be careful you don't burn it EEEWWW!

Add just a taste of dried red pepper flakes. and some oregano at the end.

Notice no amounts I never measure just figure it out by how much pasta you are serving. Oh, also put the pasta in the frying pan with the sauce so it sucks it all up. Toss it serve with lots of fresh grated reggiano or locatelli cheese and of course garlic bread lol

Keeps the vampires away lol

Shih Tzus Mama

I'm sorry but I cheat now. I use jars of sauce(Franco Rinaldi, my favorite) and then add my favorite things in a Crock Pot. I just made Meatballs for the party yesterday. I took a bag of frozen kind I got at Sam's club and cooked in sauce all day. I got many compliments for them. Its the Crock Pot I owe my delicious cusine to.

Sunlite

Judy I like that sauce too, the plant is about 2 1/2 miles from my home and I drive by it all the time to and from the gym, smelling the garlic and sauce cooking! :happybday:

• 1 year later...

I cheat too sorta....

1lbs hamburger meat
1/2 green pepper
1/2 small onion
garlic salt
crush red pepper bits
1 bigger size jar of Ragu Super chunky mushroom

cook ham. meat onions/peppers together, DO NOT DRAIN THE GREASE, add all other ingredients and simmer on low until noodles are done

i use this recipe regardless of whether im making spagetti, pasta bake, or lasanga..... my family cant get enough until there ready to pop

cottons_dad

YUMMMMM!!!! The recipe’s sounds fantastic! I love Spaghetti! :coffee:

This is how I usually make mine.

Canned diced Italian tomatoes
Tub of tomato puree
Packet of Maggi tomato soup
Mince meat/Burger meat
Oregano
Fresh Basil leaves
Freshly chopped Garlic (loads of it!)
Freshly diced onion

Sweat the garlic, onion and oregano (or any other herbs you would like) in a sauce pan. Once caramelised add mince meat/burger meat and cook for approx 1minute. Add packet of Maggi tomato soup powder, mix well and cook for approx another minute. Add tomato puree, diced Italian tomatoes, salt & pepper to taste! Let sit simmering till sauce thickens then add more salt & pepper if required. Lastly once sauce is cooked. Turn off the heat and add fresh basil leaves. Mix and let sit in the sauce for about a minute. Serve with freshly shaved parmesan cheese and with some home made garlic bread made with olive oil rather than butter.

I sometimes use tomato sauce/ketchup instead of the tomato puree if I want my sauce sweet :)

I have to like spaghetti else my husband would have left me years ago.We like the sweet sauce,doctor it up Add lots of garlic,green peppers,onions,& any spices that i think of.I also add some Parmesan cheese right to the sauce while its cooking(in the Crockpot of course)We like the meat sauce instead of meatballs,never have tried chicken livers.And last but not least we like Angel Hair Pasta.Mmmm this thread is making me hungry.I hav'nt eaten pasta in weeks as I am on a diet.

mojomuppet

i like my sauce a bit sweet. i cant tell you how i make it as i just start throwing stuff together until it taste like i want it to. i dont think it is ever the same twice. i love to play kitchen!

i will tell you a story about a man that swore that canned tuna fish is what made his pasta sauce the best. i have thought of trying it a few times.....but i just cant.

i have also heard of a man that made is meatballs by boiling them in water! i couldnt bring myself to do that either.

the liver i could do. the only meat i dont like in my pasta is pepperoni. i dont know why some people put that in there. it gives me terrible terrible i want to go to the hospital heartburn. yucky. i had it like that once and i was so ill i can barely eat pepperoni on pizza now. :coffee:

i am silly about my pasta though. i will not eat rigatoni. when i first moved to pa every place i went to a party they served a big ole roaster full of overcooked undersauced rigatoni! i will not eat it and you cant make me. also regular size spaghetti. im kinda funny about that too. i can do it out at certain places but would never buy it at home. its to thick and makes me wanna *shivers*. penne is for pasta salad only dont try to feed my alfredo sauce on it. when i go out i know they do this because it holds up better when its precooked in the back. tacky tacky dont try to get 12-18 dollars a plate for premade pasta from yesterday.

now if you want a yummy in you tummy pizza sauce that i have down to a T. that is for another thread.

Shihtz Lover

My hubby say's I make the best spagetti sauce..LMAO...

I start the car....drive to grocery store.....look at sauces that look good and not to runny. PUrchase...drive home....make pasta...heat sauce...DONE LIKE DINNER! Hahhahahah.

Really my hubby makes the best sauce and he won't tell me how he does it? I guess it's a big secret..I just know there is tons of garlic and mushrooms in it. So good.

i use thin spagetti, anything bigger or smaller is like eeww... but however i do like angle hair pasta in a italian pasta salad stuff that i ate once... hmm i wish i knew that recipe lol I also add parmasean to my sauce but its after i put the sauce and noodles in one dish, ill add the cheese and stir it up, then add more to the top of my plate

my pasta bake i use rotini's