Sugar Cream Pie

ShihtzuBeauty

ShihtzuBeauty

Here's a link to that pie I made this morning. I was out of eggs and this recipie doesn't call for them. :moon: I saw Paula Dean make it a couple of wks. ago and it looked really easy, it Is and is also yummy. You'll need a sweet tooth though. :blink:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/re...6_27764,00.html

CrazyTzuLady

oohhh......... that looks extra Yummy! I am usually not a pie maker but that one looks easy enough even for me I may have to give it a try! Thanks

ShihtzuBeauty

Trust me. Even if you've never baked you can do this pie, it's really easy. :hug:

I meant to add that mine went 10min. over the 30min. bake at 350 though. It could just be my oven, they are all different. Just keep an eye on it. Insert a toothpick into the center after 30min. If it runs clean it's done if not just let it go a little longer but keep an eye on it.

I think this pie would be Great w/coconut added to the mix before baking too or even cinnoman on top instead of the nutmeg. :)

CrazyTzuLady

Guess I will have to give it a shot then. :hug:

Might have to make that!!

ShihtzuBeauty

I have another in the oven now to take to Daryl and Michelle. Ok it's just an excuse to go over and kiss him. :signthankspin:

CrazyTzuLady

Except grandma really doesn't need an excuse to go and kiss Ian though does she! :signthankspin:

ShihtzuBeauty

:signthankspin: No she doesn't. I went over and she asked if I wanted to bring him back w/me for a bit. I had him three hrs. and I'm watching him tomorrow too!!! :evilgrin10: Pics coming soon. He was all smiles tonight. :)

Trust me, as time goes on, you will be asked to watch him more & more. Especially when he hits the terrible 2's! But I never minded, in fact, I loved it! LOL! Now they've moved 1 1/2 hrs away....& I'm still greiving! Boo-hoo!!!!! But now daughter just called me with her due date...Aug. 23. Right in the middle of our vacation!!!!! What is it with our kids?????

Melissa, made the pie yesterday & it's a good one! It's hard to believe it's so good with so few ingredients.

ShihtzuBeauty

I agree my son Love his too. I'm going to take the milk out next time and add coconut milk w/shaved coconut in the mix. Glad you liked it. :aktion033: