Banana Cake

wylie'smom

wylie'smom

I found this recipe not that long ago on a recipe website. It's quick and easy when your in a hurry and have a couple of very ripe banana's to use up. When I made it, because of the real banana's in there, my hubby actually thought I made it from scratch. It is very moist. :)

Easy Banana Cake

1 box yellow cake mix( you will also need the ingr. to make the cake)

2 very ripe banana's

1 tsp baking soda

First mash the banana's in a small bowl and add the baking soda. Stir and set aside. PREPARE the cake mix as directed on the box. Add the banana. Bake as directed. You may want to check a few minutes early just to be sure that it doesn't over cook.

Some people don't put topping in the cake. Others have used powdered suger or cream cheese frosting. Some one on the recipe site made this suggestion(this is the way I like it) Mix 1 to 1 1/2 cups milk and a small box of instant banana cream pudding by hand, then add a small ( I think it's 8 oz) tub of cool whip. Mix together. Some people frosted the whole cake and put it in the fridge. I keep the cake on the counter and the frosting in the fridge and just frost a piece when I want one.

Hope you all enjoy.

CrazyTzuLady

Yum that sounds delicious! I am not much of a baker but I think I could handle that one. :) for sharing! BTW :) to STCT your little Wylie is adorable I love that picture! Hope to hear more about you and your little Wylie!

wylie'smom

Thanks! I guess I should have went to the introduction forum and introduced myself :) I just never know what to say. I have been lurking on this site for awhile. I really have learned alot! The pic was of my baby Wylie, he's an only child. He loves to look out the door or sit on the back of the couch and watch the world go by.

ShihtzuBeauty

Hi and Welcome to the family! :) This sounds Yummy! :) For sharing it w/us. Wylie is a DollBaby!

wylie'smom

Thanks for having us here! :) Wylie said to tell you all " Thanks so much for this wonderful site where my mommy can learn. I'm am her very first baby and even though she tries, she really doesn't have a clue"

I will try to post more recipes. I may not be the greatest cook, even though my hubby says I am, but I'm all about finding easy and inexpensive ways of cooking.

Edited by wylie'smom
Tzu_Luver

Thanks for the recipe. I love that the ingredients are short and easy to remember. I'll have to try it out sometime. I love banana cream pie so I'll probably love this as well.

First: Welcome. Your baby sure is cute.

Second: As I read about banna cake, I look over and on my counter are 2 very ripe bannas. Guess I had go make some cake. Thanks for sharing the recipe.

shihtzumomof2

Welcome. Wylie is a cutie. I love watching them look out the door.

wylie'smom

:signthankspin: It's good to be here. Looking out front is one of his favorite things to do!

• 3 weeks later...
CrazyTzuLady

I made this the other day but I only had 1 banana so I also added 1 vanilla pudding cup to it and it was the best cake I have ever eaten we all loved it it was so good!!! :blush-anim-cl:

wylie'smom

Barb, I bet that the pudding made the cake soooo moist. You could also use applesauce in place of one of the bananas. Did you make the coolwhip frosting for the top?

CrazyTzuLady

No Tami I used cream cheese frosting and it was the most moist cake we had ever eaten! Next time i'll have to try the coolwhip topping. :baby: for the recipe it was so yummy!!!

• 9 months later...

i just kinda sorta have my own apartment and have been cooking for myself a lot. i'm a sucker for sweet and baking, so i'd love to try this.

thanks!

Edited by shihmo
Wicket's mom

Sounds yummy. I'm trying really hard to watch what I eat right now, but I printed this recipe off and I'll try it out later on. Looks pretty easy.

Your Wylie is a cutie. I remember seeing you here before, you posted his avatar pic; he had just gotten his haircut. Wicket looks out the front door like that all the time too.