Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

wylie'smom

As I said in a previous post I don't like chocolate. So I can't really comment on the taste of these cookies. My hubby says that they are delicious and any time we get together with friends, they tell me to bring these cookies. They are made from cake mix, so they are a cake cookie. I got the recipe off of the back of a cake box. I don't add the nuts and I play around with the type of chips I use. Sometimes I use white choc, peanut butter chips or choc chunks.

1 package devil's food cake mix

1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened

1 teaspoon vanilla

2 eggs

1/2 cup chopped nuts

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Beat half (approx. it doesnt have to be exact) of the dry cake mix, butter,vanilla and eggs in a large bowl on medium speed until smooth or use a spoon( I use a spoon). Stir in remaining cake mix, nuts and chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are set (centers will be soft) Cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Makes About 5 dozen cookies.

High altitude, no changes.

I usually make my cookies alot bigger, so it doesn't make as many.

happi_music

these cookies sound so delicious! Thanks for sharing the recipe. I want to try to make them sometime.

Edited by happi_music
shihtzumomof2

Thank you! See how much I remember...I thought it was a cake! YUM!

CrazyTzuLady

You guys are not helping my expanding figure at all here with all of these chocolate recipies! :blush-anim-cl: I think I might have to try this one to. :chickendance:

wylie'smom

I know what you mean about "expanding figure" Barb. I have been a stay-at-home wifey for barely a year and I have already gained almost 20 lbs. :)

CrazyTzuLady

LOL Tami! I have been a stay at home mom for 17 years so we are not going to discuss how much weight I have gained! :baby:

wylie'smom

Barb, You are way to much fun!!! I can't imagine that it would be that much weight consindering all those little furbaby's you have. I have only had Wylie for about 2 1/2 months and he keeps me running. 2 1/2 months huh, seems like forever :bye1:

CrazyTzuLady

Somedays are better than others that's all I have to say! :bye1: LOL!