Shadow's Rescue story

Hi, My name is Shadow. I’m 7 years old and was rescued from Abandoned Animal Rescue. It’s been a rough month, the day I got to my new home Hurricane Ike hit that evening. My family and I made it through with only a lost tree in the side yard. Then we were without power for 2 weeks and we all had to listen to a generator day in and day out. Then about 2 weeks ago when I was visiting my friend Charley in our subdivision, also a Shih Tzu with my new sister Callie, I got out of the gate and ran away. I was gone for 4 days. Several people said they saw me and called my mom and dad but when they tried to get me I ran even further. I was trying to get home but I didn’t know how. Then sometime Sunday morning, some bigger dogs attacked me and they did a number on me. I managed to get away and get to a house only one street away from my real home. The people at the house saw me and saw I was bleeding, called my mom and dad and they rushed down, grabbed me up and took me directly to the emergency animal hospital.

I’m now back home with my sister Callie and recovering nicely, at least until the Sergeants Flea and Tick liquid incident (they should stop selling that product).

So that’s my story. I am really thankful to my mom and dad for not giving up and coming to get me. I am still not confident with men yet but I love my new family and I know Ill get used to my new dad over time.

Note from Shadow’s new parents: It was apparent to us that when we got her she was really afraid of men making us believe that a male person mistreated her in the past. As I write this I know it will take time but I’m also patient, and I will love her like I do Callie. She does feel very safe with her mommy and I know she’ll grow to feel very safe with me.

Shih Tzus Mama

Shadow, you are a naughty Shih Tzu for running away. How lucky for you your Mom & Dad never gave up on finding you. You are so forunate you were not hurt badly by that big dog. I am so happy to hear you found your way back to the loving arms of your Mom & Dad who want to take good care of you. Please don't ever do that again. The grass is not greener on the other side. There is so much danger out there. :dede: Lots of hugs for you and I am so glad you are safe and sound.

So glad he found his way back to your loving arms. Don't give up on him daddy, it may take a long time, but once he comes around, you may in fact be his favorite.

ShihtzuBeauty

Ahh :dede: for sharing his story w/us. :chickendance:

CrazyTzuLady

Wow that is quite the story, Shadow is one lucky little girl to have found a mommy and daddy like you to take care of her. :hysterical: Don't give up on her show her what love is all about. You guys are awesome for taking on the responsibility of a pup with issues, I commend you. :(

Poor kid. Shadow, as time goes on you will love everybody, like shih tzus do. Take your time to trust, if you need to. Your new family loves you dearly.

FairyTail Josette

Shadow, you have had some challenges alright. But, that makes you even more special and stronger. :):) for telling us your story and I'm so happy you have a mommy and daddy now. Please, be good and listen to mommy and daddy.