Donations to local rescue group

So I was looking for something in my closet and I found a bag of collars I used for labs that have passed away. I have not thrown anything away in the last 16 years. I was appalled at the stuff I have saved. I decided to go through everything and donate all of it to RPAW(Rescued pets are wonderful). Its the group that saved Bob from deathrow. I now have a large lawn bag full of stuff. This is a list of the stuff. Some of it isn't old. I just have to much stuff. We do not need all of this and we can share. If I need anything, I can just go buy it. Jeff has a few friends over watching the Vikings game and they are bring me stuff before next Saturday. I will deliever everything next saturday at Petsmart. RPAW will be there for adoption days. I am bring Bob with and I hope the woman who fostered him will be there. She cried when we took Bob and she said she would miss him. It's been 2 years now. Jeff and I decided that we would spend $100 on food and other stuff at Petsmart and donate that too. I am feeling pretty good and I am excited to drop everything off.

8- large dog collars.

5- leashes for large dogs

1- Gentle leader for a large dog

1- red med retractable leash

3- sweaters for large dogs

4- med sweaters

2-small sweater

2-small collars

5-bandanas

1-paper grocery bag full of toys

5-food/water bowls

3- nail clippers

1-brush

Lots of other misc stuff.

Shar, what a wonderful idea. I could really do the same thing. I have so much "stuff" that has been moved downstairs cause there just isn't room for all the toys these babies have. So, why not share....I love your idea. I have towels and blankets and stuff like that too that they could use, plus old but good cat beds, etc.

THANK YOU for posting this, what a great idea. ;):judy: :D

CrazyTzuLady

Shar that is an awesome thing to do for the RPAW I am sure they appreciate every thing that gets donated. I think I am going t go through all of our stuff and do the same. ;) for the great idea.

;) :judy:

I am really glad I have inspired you. We are going to make a lot of homeless pets lives a little easier. These people who foster these animals are special people and I am happy to help in any way I can. I think I am going to throw in my small crate. The girls are to big for it. If I ever get another puppy I will buy a new one.

Thanks!

We have so many caring, loving friends here.....just think if we ALL did this...what GREATNESS!!!!

I keep a bag to put outgrown harnesses, unneeded leashes and collars, all that stuff that accumulates, and every year or so drop it off at our Humane Society.

That's a fantastic idea! Good on you Shar! :mf_seehearspeak:

I'm going to have to go through all my stuff and see what I can find! Thanks for the idea!

So I dropped the donations off today. I couldn't bring Bob because I went out to lunch with a friend. I haven't seen her for 20 years so he had to stay at home.

Anyways, they were so happy for the stuff. The woman opened the bag and the first thing she pulled out was the leather collar Bob had on when I brought him home. She couldn't believe it. I bought Bob a new one and gave it back to the rescue group. I did my good deed!

Edited by chacha
CrazyTzuLady

That's awesome Shar good job! :blush-anim-cl: