Thinking of adopting

I am looking at an adult shih tzu to adopt. I am wondering what to expect from the home visti? Has anyone gone through one and if so what do they do and look for?

I have not done that but I think the last person I recall going through a home visit was Devon (Tashilove). She had to do that when she adopted Bonnie. She checks in a lot and can probably tell you what to expect. Good luck on adopting. Can't wait to hear more about the lucky dog you have chosen. :puppy:

Thanks, Tzukeeper! I have been mulling it over and really want to be sure before I make the comitment. I know it will be a rescue though. There are actually 3 to choose from. I really like the looks of one but they want no small children. He came from an owner with 2 jobs that didn't have time for him. He is not used to small children. Spose I couldn't slide under that one huh? Have all my grands under that age. :puppy: Still trying and waiting for the right moment to let my dh know what I am thinking...... :)