• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr.coffee

• Shredder

• xr4man

• Seastar

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm floored... I may have found Ozzy a furever home! I don't know if I dare to get my hopes up, but...Francie, the singer/songwriter I've been playing with for about six months or so, her moth

Been thinking a lot about Ozzy the last few days. It's hard to believe I've been in Houston nearly three years already, and he's still there at Dag's. Re-reading the whole thread has me thinking aga

OMG...I read this whole thread from beginning to end and I am bawling my eyes out....so heart wrenching and I wish I had the means myself to take him home and care for him :'( Please keep us updated o

oh wow!!!

that's very awesome news.

i had that electrical stimulation pulse wave stuff done when i had my knee rebuilt. i didn't think they used it on doggies, but how cool.

• 1 year later...
mr.coffee

Once again, a long time since I updated....

We stopped in once again while we were in town for the holidays. As soon as we arrived I could hear Ozzy's distinct yip, yip, yip, yip that he always did when I showed up. I found him in his crate, and got him out to visit. We brought along a toy for him and he really seemed to like it - it's spent a year in my laundry pile so it should smell like me!

He still has no use of his back legs, and still doesn't care. He gets around and plays and hogs up all the attention he can just like any other dog. He doesn't hold still long enough for a good picture, here's the best I got:

64067_3767689484461_492681654_n.jpg

I still hope he'll wind up in a home with somebody who can give him all the love and care he deserves - he is such a sweet guy!

-m

ParadiseTzu

Awww, he is so cute and I'm sure its hard to leave him. But I'm glad you see him when you can.

Mike, you should post on FB about Ozzy. I would offer to have him here, but he'd likely just get trampled by all my ruffians and I think he really deserves his own home where he'll be an only dog or perhaps just have one doggy friend.

• 1 year later...
mr.coffee

I was on my YouTube channel the other day and found myself watching an old video of Ozzy running in the yard with Harley. I miss that little bugger. :( I guess he's still living at Dag's House, I saw him in a few pictures a while back. I still hold out hope that some day, he'll have a family of his very own...

-m

Oh, Mike...I remember Ozzy! Such a little dear. It's too bad so many people don't want to adopt a dog with a "disability". Particularly in Ozzy's case, his spirit certainly shines through all the time!

mr.coffee

Been thinking a lot about Ozzy the last few days. It's hard to believe I've been in Houston nearly three years already, and he's still there at Dag's. Re-reading the whole thread has me thinking again.

I've been looking at the store as our ticket out of the grind, our hope is that we will reach a point where we have multiple locations with employees to work the stores and a good, trusted manager to oversee the bulk of it. I'm working hard to push the new band to be ready to take paying gigs; Francie is talking about doing full band gigs as soon as we're ready and as often as the guys are willing, and filling up the in-between time with paying acoustic gigs with just me and her. If that happens, I will be making enough with the band to not have to worry about working.

We've been in this apartment since we got here, one of our biggest goals is to get into a house. One of the things I love about Houston is how much house you get for your money.

If we had time on our hands to stay home, and a sprawling ranch house with mostly hardwood and/or tile floors and a yard...

...so yeah, you see where this is going. I haven't talked to Shannon about it, although she knows he's been on my mind lately. I don't know what she would think about it. I'm pretty sure I know what Ozzy would think about it. :wub2:

-m

• Like 4
  • 5 weeks later...
babybluegirl

Aww, I've just read this thread - all five pages from the very beginning and nice to see you've posted a message recently about Ozzy :) I'll keep my eye out for an update!

babybluegirl

2:11pm

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, unfortunately I fear the only updates will be centered around my musing, orating and pontificating. I'm six hours from Dag's, and no longer communicate with them on any sort of regular basis. I spoke with Shannon again, and she remains adamant that we cannot provide the home that Ozzy needs and deserves...I know in my heart that she's right. I don't know, but I'm afraid he will live out his days there; I only hope that they care for him well, give him all the love he is so capable of returning in spades. I hope that he gets more time running around than crated - I know how he enjoys playing in the yard, running with the big dogs in his wheels.

I still miss him terribly, and will always wish that I could bring him home...oh, what even if I could find him a home, a loving forever home...where I could know that he was happy and taken care of and doted upon...

-m

Missysmom

Oh wow I just read this whole thread and it just pulls on my heartstrings. Bless you Mike for all you've done for that little guy, he is so precious and it's obvious he appreciates everything you've done for him. It is so hard when you love them so much but know you aren't at a point in your life you can give them all they need. As hard as it is I know you've done the right thing for both of you and you have such wonderful memories.

• 1 month later...
mr.coffee

I'm floored...

I may have found Ozzy a furever home!

I don't know if I dare to get my hopes up, but...Francie, the singer/songwriter I've been playing with for about six months or so, her mother has two tzu. I showed her the video of Ozzy, and she showed it to her mom, and next thing I know, her mom was having her ask me all sorts of questions. What sort of care does he require, does he need special veterinary care or just the routine stuff, can he go potty on his own, etc. When she got here for rehearsal today I asked her about it and she hinted that there may be some interest!

I told her that it would be so wonderful to have him so close at hand, that Harley and I would definitely have to come by for play dates.

I can't believe it, I'm tearing up just thinking about this now. I don't know if this will happen, but...I hope! I've wanted for so long to see him have a home and a family of his own.

-m

• Like 7
Sunlite

Will keep my fingers crossed, lets hope it happens!

Sophie's Haven

Hopefully things will work out for Ozzy........every dog deserves a FOREVER home. He has come a long way in his journey that's for sure...........

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
babybluegirl

We have our paws and fingers crossed here in England :) Do let us know what happens...

babybluegirl

3:50pm

• Like 2

Keeping fingers and paws crossed!!!! <3 <3 <3 :D

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
Chewy's mom

OMG...I read this whole thread from beginning to end and I am bawling my eyes out....so heart wrenching and I wish I had the means myself to take him home and care for him :'( Please keep us updated on Ozzy and my fingers and toes are crossed you find him a forever, loving, caring home that he deserves

• Like 4