• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mr.coffee

• FairyTail Josette

• Seastar

• ShihtzuBeauty

Can't wait till this little guy is liberated and given what he needs. Good on ya for taking this on. :(

mom2Gizmo

That is so sad! If the owners aren't feeding him, then why can't the authorities do anything?!?! It's so frustrating. He's a beautiful dog, and I'll be keeping him in my thoughts. Good luck!

ShihtzuBeauty

Soo happy to hear you're moving forward to look at him and know that he's not being cherished and loved or getting hugs and kiss and able to come in and be a part of the family not to mention the bare necessities such as food/water just makes me sick some "people" should be treated the very same way.

Boo and Gidgys Mom

Just found this thread today. I'm so sad to think this poor dog is living in those conditionds. He looks very weak the way he is cowering. I hope your plan works. Bless you for trying to do right by this poor dog. Keep us posted.

mr.coffee

Well, tomorrow is my interview, I'll take that opportunity to see about bringing home a crate and we'll be able to move forward soon!

-m

ShihtzuBeauty

Good Luck!!! B)

Wicket's mom

Just seen this thread today, what a poor little fella! He looks so scared and alone in the pics. I'm so happy to hear you're going to be able to save him from there and that he'll go somewhere else where he will receive proper care!

Good luck!!!

kcsheperd

Mike How sad! But how awesome that you care enough to do something! He looks so sad..:evilgrin10: I tell ya, I just cannot stand bad animal owners..and those that let their sweet babes live in such awful conditions..Good luck to you, and please keep us posted, your a kick ass guy Mike!

mr.coffee

Well, I picked up a crate today at Dag's, and got a number where I can reach Stacy as soon as the dog is in custody!

-m

Just read this and it's so sad. Look forward to hearing how it goes for the sweet lil fella. I sure Hope for good news, he needs it! Best to you too Mike!

mr.coffee

Well, evidently Monday will be our last night staying at our friend's, so I talked to my neighbor and I believe we're going to shoot for Tuesday morning...I gave Stacy the heads up on that when I saw her today...should be quick & easy. We're going to pop the bottom ends of two boards in the fence loose, and push them away far enough for SLH to slip through. I'm sure he'll come right out, especially with a handful of treats to entice him; pop him into the crate and I'm gone, while the neighbors conceal the handywork with the fence as quickly, quietly and subtly as they can.

-m

shihtzumomof2

Oh my, this is so sad. :( Thank god for people that care like yourself. Have you implemented the "plan" yet? I had a similar situation. But, it was the dead of winter and the owners left their Bichon outside ALL the time. Luckily, it was a very mild winter. This was mid January. He was so matted and dirty. I called several times to complain, nothing was ever done. Finally, I dressed all in black, even black shoe polish on my face...and accidentally ended up in their yard with a Bichon in my arms! :unsure: My cousin has him now. :)

Suzi, I'm sitting here laughing my butt off. I can just see you with shoe polish on your face... BUT, I salute you for your courage and glad the doggie has a good home now. Did they ever look for the dog? ROFLMAO!!!!

The suspense is killing me Mike. Can't wait to hear he's been captured.

I have the same thing next door to me....somewhat. Its a little Bishon-mix. When he was just a few months old, in the dead of winter they would tie that little guy outside for hours at a time. He would bark and bark...it broke my heart. I told my husband that I was going to take him. But, someone else in the neighborhood put a note in her mailbox that if they continued to tie that dog out in the cold, they were going to report them. He's still tied outside all the time, but not for hours on end. He's the cutest little thing. They can barely take care of the three kids they had bam bam bam, let alone a dog.

FairyTail Josette

Mike, good luck to you.

LeeAnn, that's awful. It was a Bichon that I rescued. I found out later from some kids that their children used to go outside and take turns kicking the poor little dog. They have since moved, but, thankfully, they never got another dog while residing there. I have no regrets on what I did. My cousin named him Peanuts and treats him like gold. :)

Update??

mr.coffee

No significant updates 'til Tuesday, Paula. The logistics are just too out of whack with us running back and forth every night. Ooooh, Suzi, it tears me up to think of children just kicking away at a dog like that...I don't understand what motivates people to be so cruel! :) I'm so glad you were able to remove the little guy and move him to a safe environment. Does he have any residual behavioral issues as a result?

-m

FairyTail Josette

No significant updates 'til Tuesday, Paula. The logistics are just too out of whack with us running back and forth every night. Ooooh, Suzi, it tears me up to think of children just kicking away at a dog like that...I don't understand what motivates people to be so cruel! :) I'm so glad you were able to remove the little guy and move him to a safe environment. Does he have any residual behavioral issues as a result?

-m

Unfortunately, yes. (Peanut doesn't like children, any other pets, and has trust issues with adults, except my cousin.) When hubby and I brought Peanut home, we only had our Maltese, Cody at the time. He growled and tried to bite Cody. Cody was just terrified, he didn't understand who this new visitor was and why he was so upset with him. (I took Peanut to my vet immediately and got him up to date on everything.) My cousin, Christina lives alone. She's in her mid 50's and doesn't work outside of the house. She's had a lot of emotional problems. She was in a very abusive (physically and emotionally) marriage for a long time. Her parents, my aunt and uncle finally got her out of the relationship, and she's now divorced living alone. So, it's a match made in heaven. They really help each other out. It was so funny, when I took Peanut to her house for the first time, Peanut walked right in like he owned the place and sat right on her lap! I thought he would miss me when I left her house. Christina said, nope, he didn't even notice you left. LOL So, it really was meant to be.

I hope everything goes well on Tuesday.

Sending good vibes and prayers for an excellent outcome. If you need bail money, call me.

mr.coffee

Well, my part is finished. We got the dog, turns out she's a little girl and super sweet! She'd been digging a hole under the fence already so we just finished the job; I grabbed her and pulled her through and she jumped into my arms like a long lost buddy!

She's now off on her way to see a vet, we covered the cost at rescue rates and she's already spoken for. Everybody that's seen her has fallen in love with her, and rightfully so - for a dog so poorly treated she is a total sweetheart.

I'm so happy knowing she'll have a better life now, this girl deserves it so much! There will not likely be any further updates...

-m

FairyTail Josette

That's fantastic news, Mike! :hideingbhindcurtian: I :blush-anim-cl: happy endings! What a great final update, you're an angel on earth. Now, she will get the love, attention, and care she so deserves. Bless you~

That just made my day. Congratulations to you and everyone involved in this rescue. :blush-anim-cl: :hideingbhindcurtian: